Established for over 30years Jamar Malta Ltd. is a full-service architectural detailing, design, and manufacturing studio with sleek, modern, and contemporary sensibilities combined with exquisite traditional workmanship.
We have been fabricating stunning Bespoke Glass, Wood & Steel features for new builds and refurbishments across the Maltese Islands for more than two decades. With an emphasis on open, modern, and light designs, our Bespoke Fabrications are supplied to create a real ‘wow’ factor and a focal point within a dwelling, a commercial, or industrial entity.
More information about the company can be found on www.jamarmalta.com
Job Title: Installers of Steel & Glass
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities:
- Basic surveying such as understanding grades and elevations of Staircases, Doors, and Windows.
- Reading Construction Drawings, Specifications, and Documents.
- Taking elevation shots using eye level/grade rod or laser level.
- Making Templates of existing of Stairs Risers / Treads for / Guard Rails / Hand Rails / Etc.
- Construction layout, squaring, leaving & installing Staircase / Door / Window
- Weatherizing of Staircases, Doors & Window with waterproof products including Door & Window Metal-Pans, Self-adhered flashing, and primers.
- Must be able to weld A36 metal door frames, installation support tabs, door frame corners, etc. on-site.
- Must be able to install Glass panes on-site and apply Glazing with Dow-Corning sealants or metal window-stops.
- Must be able to install High-End Door Hardware products, mortise locks, door levers, doorknobs, cylinder locks, deadbolts, escutcheon plates, door pulls, that require the White Glove Treatment.
- Active Learning- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Active Listening- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions that are appropriate.
- Critical Thinking- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Learning Strategies – Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching a fellow employee new things.
- Mathematics- Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Monitoring- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Reading Comprehension- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Speaking – Speak English and Maltese if possible while talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing- Communicating effectively both verbally and in writing as appropriate for the needs of the client and office paperwork.
Job Location: Zebbug, Malta
Salary: Competitive base salary
To apply kindly send an email together with your CV to [email protected]